Thursday, December 9, 2010

Copy Cat

You know what I hate??


People who act like you just to fit in, or get attention, or whatever... I don't even know why they do it. But it pisses me off! Especially when individualism is so important to me. I may not know who I am... but I know that I'm me... I'm unlike anyone else. That may be the one thing that I love about myself. Sure, at times I wish I could be more like other people, more normal, more healthy, more accepting... but I'm not and I just have to get over that. 






I have a friend who has recently become like this... and I don't want to confront her of it because what if it's all in my own head? I don't want to accuse her of something.




Some things I've said in the past....
-This is quoted from a huge fight we got into back in June (I said this toward the end of the fight):
You know what? I do a good enough job treating myself like shit so I really don't need your help. Thanks.
                     - Well a while back, I dunno if we were having an argument or if she was telling me something she said to someone else but what she said was this. What I said to her in June.


-Something I've always joked about (for years now) is I always say if I ever did drugs, I wouldn't smoke pot, I'd just do coke. Remember- JOKE, I'm not doing drugs.
                    - The other night on the phone, she said that exact thing.


- She also wants a tattoo now, after being afraid of needles and apparently running away from the doctor so she didn't have to get a shot or something. She's also always hated tattoos and never really approved of the one I want on my wrist for well over a year, maybe two now... but now all she can talk about is this damn tattoo she's getting.


- I can't go to the dentist alone, or doctor sometimes depending on what kind of doctor. I just won't go there if I'm left to take myself. Plus, I have to get happy gas at the dentist so I need a ride home. Now I have to bring her to the dentist next week because she apparently won't go on her own, which she's done before. I just don't get it. I mean, I know she has her own reasons for not liking the dentist but really?


- And with all of the trust issues I have, she's the one that knows the most about me and that I can confide in the most with... and same goes for her, although she does have other people she talks to I really just have her. Anyway, I always go back to the fact that no one will ever love me and I'm always going to be alone. I honestly believe that everyone leave me. And I blame myself every time. Well, the other night or last week or something she brought up how everyone leaves her.


- Oh and the whole thing about crying. I like never cry, sometimes I don't even think I can. And when I do cry, on those rare occasions... it's like... a single tear. I wish I could cry. I really do. I say it all the time but it's like I just don't know how. And now all of the sudden my friend, who used to cry all the time, just can't cry. Just out of nowhere.


- It even comes down to that I feel like I'm the reason for her ED and SI (if that's real). I feel like she got it from me and it's all my fault.




I just feel like I'm not my own person anymore. I hate people who are like that but at the end of the day she's been my best friend for years... I don't know what to do. I tried to talk to her about it but I don't know how to bring it up. I don't want to accuse her or start a fight. I mean there are other things too, these are just what I think are a few of the bigger issues. It's fucking confusing is what it is. 


Any advice? 
Sorry for venting so much lately by the way, I promise, happy posts coming soon!


                      

2 comments:

  1. I hate that, you want your friend to be her own self and you to be you!
    I've had friends that have done this, my therapist told me imitation is the most common form of flattery. At the time it's incredibly annoying though. Maybe talk to her about the things that she's copied and ask what her reasoning is? If she can't come up with one maybe just ask if your way of thinking just 'rubbed off on her' or something, don't come out with 'YOUR COPYING ME BIIIITCH!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks... yeah i wont go straight into screaming at her =P
    i thought it could be rubbing off... but some of the things she takes what ive said in the past word for word.

    she by best friend and my biggest trigger all in one. on top of it, she can be a tad bit annoying. im pretty good at accepting things, but i think i do need to find a way to talk to her about this

    ReplyDelete