Friday, April 8, 2011

Anorexia is a MENTAL disorder!I

First off let me tell you guys that I know have a sinus infection and 12 straight hours of dance each day this weekend. I get sinus infections very easily and they are extremely bad. I have a deviated septum, so even just a head cold puts me out. Anyway, my allergist gives me antibiotics for sinus infections so that I have them if I need them RIGHT AWAY when I'm at school. 


I have two kinds, one is a steroid (I'm not taking that one right now) but I was looking online to see what the difference is, side effects, how quickly it works, ect... because I need to be dancing/performing/rehearsing/choreographing/FUCK MY LIFE. 


So I'm on Cefuroxime Axetil. Nasty shit. Let me tell you, if you don't get that big ass pill down first go, you're in trouble. Gag... so anyway. Side effects?


HOW DOES A FUCKING ANTIBIOTIC CAUSE ANOREXIA?!?


Loss of appetite. Sure. But a fucking mental disorder? No. 


I was born with fucking body image problems. When I was 6 years old I used to scratch myself where I wanted to cut all the fat off. I'm convinced that the wiring in my brain is totally FUCKED UP.


Taking a step back and thinking about it.... I guess drugs do mess with your brain too. Okay. I get that. But you only take this shit for 10 days... none of the other side effects last, I don't see why this one would.


I dunno. I just read it and freaked out.


I'm in so much fucking pain right now.


I could go on... but honestly... I can't move my shoulders up. I don't think I'm gonna be able to get out of bed in the morning. I won't be able to lift my damn head off the pillow. It's happened before. Plus I can't breathe for shit. And I can't stop coughing. Great. My life is AWESOME!


Goodnight.


4 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I actually think I saw that on Night Nurse too xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anorexia listed as a side effect is referring purely to loss of appetite, not Anorexia Nervosa as in the mental illness. I think the confusion comes because the illness is so rarely referred to by its full name, and is generally just shortened to Anorexia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anorexia means it causes you to lose weight. Like somethingnexttonormal said, it can't cause the mental illness Anorexia Nervosa. It's ridiculous how picky that is but yeah, there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly, but plenty of other medications simply say 'loss of appetite'. it doesn't mean anorexia, that's not possible, it means loss of appetite.

    ReplyDelete