Monday, September 19, 2011

First Day of School

I think things went well.

Mondays I have dance from 9am-noon and 430pm-730pm. A few of my teachers kind of know why I was gone and that I have been trying to get my life back on track and figure a lot out. They are so supportive. I'm so not used to having so many supportive people in my life... I feel almost like it's a bit overwhelming.



My first class, we talked about how even negative self talk to ourselves is not aloud because it's not respectful and how we should totally love who we are.
My second class, we talked about learning to accept where you are and not be ashamed of that... we also talked about how no matter how amazing you are at something- you could always be better.
My last two (same teacher) we talked about accepting where we are today in our bodies and being with that so we can improve in a healthy way.

The first and last teacher I think may have somewhat directed what they were talking about at me...



I also saw the program director for a little this morning... I'll see here again tomorrow at some point during the day and then when we have our dance major meeting and ensemble meeting at night.

It was a very positive day. Overall, it went well. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

2 comments: